Your happiness cannot wait any longer. It’s too important. We’re here to help.
Welcome to the online home of the Center for Muslim Life at Maryland – here you can access resources to assist you along your journey towards fulfillment.
A FULL-TIME MUSLIM CHAPLAINCY IS THE FLAGSHIP OF CMLMD
For over a decade, hundreds of students at the University of Maryland, College Park and many other Baltimore-Washington area universities have turned to Tarif Shraim (pictured above), a Muslim chaplain, for guidance. The students have looked to Chaplain Shraim when:
- their faith/identity is in crisis and they are having serious doubts about Islam
- facing emotional and psychological hardships and trauma
- facing adversity and difficult student, parent and family relationships
- seeking foundational religious literacy
- seeking Islamic guidance on preparing for a healthy marriage during or after college
- seeking guidance on navigating a hostile environment and negative media rhetoric
That is not the point, though. Those are simply a few of the means we employ for our desired end: spiritually anchored, emotionally conscious, and intellectually empowered students who engage and serve the university community and beyond.
What does this have to do with happiness?
Hundreds of students have benefited from the service of Tarif Shraim. We are fortunate that the services provided by Chaplain Shraim have a strong foundation and proven impact within the area’s university communities. However, the demand for pastoral care services has increased exponentially and will continue to increase within all communities – nationwide. Each year, these essential services fail to reach thousands of Americans struggling with identity crises.
This online platform allows the unique teachings Chaplain Shraim has developed over his years of service and training within the fields of positive psychology and submission to God to reach a world-wide audience, on-demand.
This is a membership-based platform in which resources and tools for living an empowered, positive life are offered to those “for whom the bell tolls”, as Hemingway elegantly put it.
The content you’ll find on this platform cannot be found anywhere else. Existing at the crossroads of positive psychology and submission to God, what you learn from these resources can get you plugged into the latest research on happiness connected to values meaningful to your life.
- Given Chaplain Tarif’s experience and training, he is uniquely qualified to help guide Americans through their identity crises using a curriculum that shows the connection between positive psychology and submission to God.
- The resources on this site facilitate the beginning of the journey towards rooted happiness.
- Signing up for free is all it takes to unlock the toolbox for your happiness.